DMT, also known as N, or N-dimethyltryptamine, is a hallucinogenic drug. This hallucinogenic drug produces similar effects to other psychedelic drugs like LSD and psilocybin.
DMT is also refferred to as:
- Spiritual molecule
- Businessman’s special
- Businessman’s trip
- 45-minute psychosis
Despite the research being done on the possible medicinal benefits, DMT can have, it is still classified as a Schedule 1 controlled substance in the United States. This means that it is illegal to buy, possess, or distribute it. However, some cities have decriminalized DMT, but it’s still illegal under federal and state law.
Some essential facts about DMT are:
- DMT has been used for thousands of years.
- Known as a “spirit molecule” drug
- DMT has been used in Shamanic rituals in South America.
DMT has been used in many religious ceremonies in South American countries and naturally occurs in many plants. Not only that but DMT can also be made in a lab.
Many users use this hallucinogenic drug for its psychoactive and hallucinogenic effects.
One of the most positive reported effects from users is a sense of “spiritual insight.”
Is DMT and Ayahuasca The Same?
Yes and no. DMT is the active ingredient in Ayahuasca. The difference between the two is that Ayahuasca is prepared using two plants called the Psychotria Viridis and Banisterioposis. At the same time, DMT contains MSOIs, that prevent the breakdown of DMT in the body.
Does DMT Natually Exist in The Brain?
As far as research goes, no one knows for sure. However, some experts believe that the pineal gland produces DMT in the brain and gets released when we dream.
Other experts believe that it’s released during birth and death. Some even go as far as claiming that the release of DMT at death may be the cause of near-death experiences many of us hear about.
What Does DMT Feel Like?
Experiences with DMT can vary; some may enjoy the trip while others may be overwhelmed or frightened.
A trip from DMT is described as “breaking out of a simulation” by many users. The effects are said to be more intense than other psychedelics. Users also report being able to access their inner minds and a feeling of being launched into other dimensions. Some describe traveling at high speeds through a tunnel of shapes and bright lights. Some may even feel like they have transformed into entirely different beings.
Language and time are not perceived or recognized during the trip. Users may experience telepathic communications with beings. DMT is regarded as having a completely different trip than LSD and magic mushrooms because users are taken into a whole other world instead of facing their problems or enhancing their mood.
How is DMT Consumed?
DMT usually comes in a white powder and can be either smoked, snorted, vaporized, or injected.
In religious ceremonies, vines and plants are boiled to create tea.
How Long Does it Take to Feel The Effects of DMT?
The effects of DMT are rapid and occur within 5 to 10 minutes.
Plant-based tea brews, however, take as long as 20 to 60 minutes to take effect.
How Long Does DMT Last?
The duration and intensity of DMT depend on a few things:
- How you took it: Inhaled, injected, or snorted last for 30 to 45 minutes.
- The amount you use
- Whether you took other drugs
- Whether you have eaten
Drinking DMT in a brew like Ayahuasca will have long and lasting effects, up to 2 or 6 hours.
Harm Reduction Tips
Even though DMT exists naturally in many plant species, it is still a potent drug. So if you are going to try it for the first time, I suggest that you take a few precautionary steps to reduce any adverse reactions.
Don’t forget to keep these tips in mind when tripping on DMT:
- DO NOT trip on DMT alone. Do it with people you trust.
- Make sure to have at least one sober friend just in case anything goes wrong.
- Be sure to trip in a place you feel most comfortable in.
- It is better to sit or lie down during a DMT trip to avoid falling and injuring yourself.
- DO NOT combine DMT with other drugs so that you can avoid any adverse reactions.
- Pick a time when you feel positive to trip on DMT as the effects are pretty intense.
- DO NOT take DMT if you are taking antidepressants or have a heart condition or high blood pressure.
- And last but not least, DON’T FORGET to Test before using!
Introducing recreational drug tests and safety: With the increased use of recreational drugs, it is more important than ever to ensure that what you are using is safe and of good quality. Testing drugs is an important part of staying safe and preventing harm. Drug testing kits are a simple and effective way to identify what is in a substance and whether it is safe to consume.
With the right testing kits, you can test MDMA, LSD, cocaine, and other alkaloids to determine their potency and potency. With the right knowledge and equipment, you can ensure you are staying safe and informed about what you are taking.
1. Get the Marquis Reagent MDMA Test Kit now and make sure that your drugs are safe to use! With this test kit, you can quickly and accurately test MDMA and related substances to ensure their quality and purity.
2. Get the Ehrlich Reagent LSD Test Kit now and make sure your LSD is safe to use! With this test kit, you can quickly and accurately test LSD and related substances to ensure their quality and purity.
3. Get the Scott Reagent Cocaine Test Kit now and make sure your cocaine is safe to use! With this test kit, you can quickly and accurately test cocaine and related substances to ensure their quality and purity.
4. Get the Mecke Reagent for Alkaloids now, and make sure your drugs are safe to use! With this test kit, you can quickly and accurately test cocaine and other alkaloids to ensure their quality and purity.
Like I’ve said before, DMT is a naturally occurring substance in many plant species and is extensively used in religious ceremonies in South America. Today, it’s used for its hallucinogenic effects.
If you plan on using DMT, do not forget to follow all the steps above to reduce your risk of any adverse reactions.
Moreover, as with all psychedelics, the “set” and “setting” are important factors determining whether the user will have a pleasant and positive experience or a bad trip.
Set is the user’s mental state before tripping on DMT; these are your thoughts, expectations, and mood.
The setting is the social and physical environment in which DMT is consumed. So being in a comfortable environment and with people, you trust will reduce the risk of a bad trip.